Welcome to the Transition Belper Travel & Transport Group
We are extremely excited about enabling people in Belper to travel more sustainably, and the positive benefits this will bring to our health, our money and the environment.
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: John on 07780 644707
The group aims to:
- transform Belper and the DE56 area into a more pleasant place to live and get around,
- encourage people to use existing public transport networks,
- understand the travel problems of the area and seek ideas to resolve them.
- help local authorities to understand how they can create integrated, user-friendly bus, rail, cycle and walking networks, Highlight the cost, convenience, and lifestyle benefits from doing this.
- demonstrate that the latest technology developments will make zero carbon transport possible in the near future. Show how it would work within the DE56 area.
The group has produced a vision of the future, showing how Belper could be transformed by 2030. It uses foreseeable developments in technology to make journeys more pleasant, remove the need for fossil fuels, cut travel costs, and make the roads safer for drivers, cyclists and pedestrians.
These cartoon strips show the daily lives of typical residents in 2030.
These pictures compare views of a typical road in 2015 and 2030. They show the benefits that the future will bring to all residents.
Meeting Dates - we normally meet on the 4th Thursday of the month, excluding some holiday periods. See the Diary for details.
Want to get involved? - just come along to a Travel and Transport Group meeting,
Got an idea? - Let us know about it on email@example.com
We meet monthly on 4th Thursday at
7.30pm excluding August and
December. The normal venue is the Old King's Head,
Days Lane, Belper
- but do check the diary page to be sure.
How to get involved:
Got a project idea? Want to make
Belper an easier place to travel
sustainably? Want to know more?
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lift Share: https://liftshare.com/uk
Amber Valley Transport Info: http://www.ambervalley.gov.uk/transport-and-streets
Living Streets: http://www.livingstreets.org.uk
Compare and Share: http://www.compareandshare.com/transport/ -
Compare and Share offers car sharing and car pooling options.